The mission of Canterbury Day School is to provide loving care to each child, develop a solid foundation for their cognitive, physical, social/emotional, and spiritual development, and offer an age and developmentally appropriate curriculum.
• Help children learn about themselves and the world around them.
• Help children learn how to interact with others in a positive way.
• Offer age and developmentally appropriate opportunities and activities which foster growth and develop specific skills.
• Help children develop their creativity and their problem solving skills.
• Involve the teacher as a partner in the child's education and growth. Through this partnership, the teacher strives to instill within the child a love and acceptance of himself and others.
The Day School at Canterbury United Methodist Church is committed to offering a high quality program in a nurturing environment that promotes the cognitive, social/emotional, physical, and spiritual development of each child. In this period in a child's life, we believe that it is important that they are provided age appropriate lessons, activities, and experiences for their learning and skill development.
Please contact Linda Wingo, Day School Director, for additional information at (205) 874-1541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.